MOBIA’s GIS Solution Ushers in a New Era of Fibre Network Design for Telecoms
What is GIS?
are empowering organizations with the location intelligence they require to streamline operations and make sound and meaningful decisions.
When asked to describe geographic information systems in the simplest terms,
Justin Chang, GIS Analyst at MOBIA put it this way:
GIS Expertise at MOBIA
A Unique GIS Challenge
• Reduce costs by designing and implementing an open-source enterprise GIS
• Enable multi-user database access and manage permission levels for different users
• Design custom templates and symbols to be used with the new GIS
Taking the client’s requirements and budget into consideration, MOBIA built a custom enterprise GIS, called MOBIA Engineering Design System (MEDS).
Working closely with the telecommunications provider, the MOBIA GIS team identified three use cases for the new system:
• Map and catalog FTTH networks
• Analyze geospatial network data
• Make sound decisions about the network
Use Case 1:
Map & Catalog
Map & Catalog Assets
Work as a Team
Customized Templates & Symbols
Use Case 2: